Naturopathy Treatment for Obesity, Excess Weight
Obesity, which is defined as generalized accumulation of excess fat in the body, invites disability, diseases and premature death. Excess fat is as much a physical hindrance as carrying a load of the same weight day and night. Life expectancy diminishes with excess weight.
Being overweight or obese increases your risk for many diseases and conditions. The more you weigh, the more likely you are to suffer from heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, gallbladder disease, sleep apnea, and certain cancers. On the other hand, a healthy weight has many benefits: It helps you lower your risk for developing these problems, helps you feel good about yourself, and gives you more energy to enjoy life.
Life insurance statistics bear out the fact that an extra inch at the waistline is a year less of the lifeline. (See Height and Weight Table) Many diseases are much more common in obese individuals – two most well known among them being diabetes and high blood pressure that lead to a greater risk of cardiac/kidney failure. In addition, obese individuals are more liable to have swelling in the leg, veins, pain in weight-bearing joints, premature onset of arthritis and poor balance with the accompanying risk of falling do and breaking bones.
Obesity, obviously, is a curse and a serious disease by itself. If you don’t modify your life style and choose the right food on a regular basis, the weight you lose on any diet ill come right back. Almost 70 per cent of those who diet, regain their lost weight within a year, and have to diet all over again. Constant losing and gaining of weight in the battle of bulge is frustrating and demoralizing. It often leaves serious psychological scars. You can help yourself to be fit and not fat by;
1. Replacing animal fats with vegetable fats.
2. Replacing hill cream milk with d or fresh skimmed milk.
3. Replacing hard cheese with cottage cheese.
4. Replacing blended oils/ghee/butter with vegetable oils like sunflower, safflower and corn oil.
5. Replacing frying with grilling.
6. Replacing roasting and stuffing with baking, steaming and boiling.
7. Replacing cream with yoghurt.
Basic requirements for a fresh outlook on eating and exercise include a set of kitchen scales and a measuring jug. A blender and steamer are useful kitchen gadgets. Slim has a list of items that make sensible eating and exercising a way of life.
- Calorie or kilojoule directory showing the value of most foods
- Magnifying glass to make reading the contents on food packages easier
- Food diary or note book and a pen to list everything eaten each day and record weight loss
- Daily, weekly, and monthly shopping lists
- Low fat, low kilojoule, and tasty ready to eat snacks (carrot sticks, celery sticks, melon and other raw fruits and veg)
- Fresh herbs and spices to add flavour
- Lemon and lime to fl avour water
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- A daily exercise plan that includes walking, swimming and another exercise of choice
- Confidence to succeed
Headache and Migraine
Headache is a common symptom of various disorders and is not a disease by itself. Headache often goes unchecked and without treatment as it is regarded by the patient as an inherent part of the body pattern. The patient takes it for granted that though there may be relief, there can never be a cure for headache, which is a fallacy. A headache could result from an organic disease or from a referred pain of local inflammation. It could also occur when there…..
>>>>Headache and Migraine