There are plenty of ways to safeguard the skin tone and texture. Nowadays there are many cosmetic items launched in the markets stating that it protects your skin tone and nourishes it. There is much soap, lotion, creams available in the market which are composed of many chemicals that are harmful to the skin. When a person tries it they are cheated and their skin is also got affected. But there is a solution in naturopathy it is called mud therapy.
Mud might provide us with the earliest example of using the earth’s resources to solve medical problems. When placed on the skin, clay draws out toxins to the outside surface of the clay (adsorption). These toxins then enter into the clay and sit in between its layers (absorption).
Mud therapy has been around since ancient times, for good reason. Mud therapy has lots of beauty benefits like anti-aging effects, reducing wrinkles, healing wounds and scars, and mainly increasing the blood circulation of our body to regain youthfulness. As you may have noticed, clay masks come in a multitude of colors and a multitude of clays-all of which have different specialties.
Table of Contents
Where to Get the Mud Pack?
The clay can be applied by naturopathy for the first time later it can be applied at home under the guidance of the naturopath. The mud can be obtained from any naturopathy or Siddha shops. This is obtained from 2 feet depth of a river and it is air-dried and ground and dried for some time and purified before applying.
How to Apply?
If you are applying on the face the clay is mixed with warm water and applied on the face. Eyes and the reproductive area are avoided. The mud can even enter into the ears hence a cotton plug is needed and if suggested it can be applied to the hair also.
Know Before and After Mud Therapy
- If you are allergic to clay then a skin test for clay can be done before undergoing the therapy.
- The clay is applied near the ears and left for some hours to check for allergies only then it is applied to the face.
- The pack should be cleaned after 20-30 minutes of application.
- Three times a week for oily skin and weekly once for dry skin can be done using clay.
- It is best applied before 12 noon.
- Gents can apply this pack after shaving their beards so that their benefit is fully absorbed.
- Children above age 10 can be applied and it is noted that it should not be applied near the nostrils or on the upper lip.
Who Should Avoid Mud Therapy?
Persons suffering from cold, cough, sinus, allergy or females during the menstrual cycle, pimples on the face, or any wounds should not do mud therapy. People who have undergone surgery can use this therapy under Dr’s supervision.
Beauty Benefits of Mud Therapy
- There are many minerals present in the clay. To get the benefits of sunlight these minerals will be helpful thus when applied to the skin it nourishes and gives a skin tone.
- It cleanses the skin by removing dirt and infections.
- It increases blood circulation and improves skin tone.
- It prevents skin diseases also.
- It controls the oil secretion and prevents pimple formation.
- A few drops of lavender oil mixed with clay applied on the skin will make it smooth and fragrant thus helping to soothe you from headaches.
- It improves blood circulation
- This pack is applied on the knee for knee problems also helps to reduce the pain.
Mud Pack for Face and Entire Body
- There are many varieties of sands available out of which the benefits differ accordingly. Clay is the best source for nourishing the skin and it treats many skin problems.
- Clay with turmeric, neem, and aloe vera powder mix it up and can be applied as a face pack.
- Clay therapy can be done all over the body or as a face pack.
Mud Pack for Eyes
If you want to apply the pack on the eyelid then place a white cloth above the eyelid and then apply the pack above it and allow it to dry.
Homemade Mud Pack
- 1 teaspoon Multani powder + 1/2 teaspoon sandal powder + Kasturi manjal+basin powder+paneer water can be mixed together and applied on the face.
- For dry skin, little badam oil can be mixed with the above paste and applied on the face.