Guidelines for Healthy Living – No pains, No gains
Some guidelines have been provided hereunder, which if followed, can lead to drugless and a disease free, healthy life. However, mental discipline and reconciliation are necessary to follow the said guidelines/habits. It is an admitted fact that no gain is possible without enduring pain and requisite efforts or sacrifice. Consult Naturopaths and change your life style.
- The food that we eat helps build the blood cells nerves, bones and muscles in our body. It has been proved scientifically that food which is highly processed and high in protein, fat, salt and sugar leads to health problems. Nutritious food (balanced wholesome diet), moderate exercises, drinking enough – [8/10 glasses (3 liters)] of water, enjoying fresh air and sunshine, resting adequately everyday will ensure a healthy body and healthy mind.
- Overhaul/detoxify the system completely by fasting 2 to 4 days even three months with liquids, preferably fresh lemon water with honey4- times daily (no lemon if suffering from ulcer or acidity) and follow it up with an all-fruit course for 5 to 7 days and then resort to normal diet cautiously and gradually. Take enema on the days of fasting immediately after taking mud pack for 15/20 minutes. Also take abdominal pack at night.
- Abdomen must be kept coot and soft always. All liquid intake should be close to the body temperature as far as possible. Take mud pack, hip bath, enema and oil massage intermittently.
- Drink 1 or 2 glasses of water on rising, every morning.
- Dental health plays a vital role in causing a troubled abdomen; an unhealthy abdomen is responsible for most of the diseases.
- Use honey and molasses instead of sugar. Use a lot of garlic and some ginger if they suit. Take maximum roughage/fiber.
- Avoid non-vegetarian, concentrated, stimulating intoxicating and gas-forming food.
- Ideal time for lunch is 10 AM and for dinner 7 PM. May take some fruits (one variety only) around 2 PM. Take only two meals a day and satisfy 80% of your hunger or appetite. Do not drink water during meal but take in plenty one hour after the meal. Chew well. Do not eat if not hungry or in bad mood/anger or at odd hours.
- Shun – smoking, tea, coffee, alcohol, zarda, pan masala, soft drinks and drugs.
- Going for brisk walk and/or doing Yoga for 30 to 60 minutes daily – is a must for sedentary workers.
Some guidelines have been provided hereunder, which if followed, can lead to drugless and a disease free, healthy life. However, mental discipline and reconciliation are necessary to follow the said guidelines/habits.