Nature Cure – Treatment Methods – Hip Bath
Hip Bath is given at cold, hot, neutral and alternate (hot & cold) temperatures in a special tub.
Cold Hip Bath
1. Use cold tap water.
2. The level of water should be such that it covers the hips and reaches the navel while sifting in the tub. Rest of the both remains dry. Footwear to be worn.
3 Gently rub the abdomen in a clockwise direction with a moderately coarse wet cloth. Duration is 15 minutes.
4. After the hip bath, do yoga/walking. If weak, lie in bed covered with a blanket.
Hot Hip Bath
1. Use hot water at 40 deg. C, gradually raise it to 45 deg. C.
2. Drink 2 glasses of cold water; apply a cold pack on the head.
3. Sit in the tub like in cold hip bath but no rubbing of the abdomen. Duration: 10 minutes.
4. A cold shower immediately after the bath.
Neutral Hip Bath
1. Water temperature 32-36 deg C.
2. All other steps are as of hot hip bath but no shower after the treatment. Duration: 15 minutes.
Alternate Hip Bath
1. Hot water (40-45 deg. C) and cold water (18-24 deg. C) in two separate tubs.
2. Drink water and apply cold compress on the head before treatment.
3. Two variations:
(a) Sit in the hot tub for 5 minutes and cold tub for 5 minutes.
(b) Hot for 3 minutes, cold for 1 minute, repeat 4 to 5 times, ending with cold water dash to hips.