We all follow a certain set of medications and exercises to protect our mind as well as the body parts. The situation in getting the medical facilities is very expensive due to globalization. The ancient medicine created by the Siddhas is called siddha medicine and it contains eight types of yoga’s as a part of the medication.
The word Asanam means “Seat”. It also refers to be at the same place. Yogasana helps in protecting the inner organs of the body and to maintain the body as young. The motto of doing the asana is to keep the organs in a certain place and there by controlling the mind. Asanas are the primary steps of yoga methods. The physical exercises bring unwanted side effects to the body. But yogasana’s gives the strength to the inner and the outer parts of the body and protects the mind as well.
Chakrasana – The Reason for the Name
This has obtained its name because the body will become like a wheel while doing this asana. Therefore, this asana got another name called wheel pose asana. The complete part of this asana is called as “Poorna Chakrasana”.
Procedure of Chakrasana
Below you can find step by step procedure for how to do chakrasana with images.
- Lie down on the yoga mat looking upwardly.
- Fold your legs and keep it down below your butt. Make sure that your sole of the feet touches the floor.
- Bring both of your hands and keep it beneath the shoulders like the fingers see the legs.
- Inhale deep breath and keep your hands and legs on the floor. Then slowly raise your hip, shoulder and the head from the floor.
- Then keep your neck loosely and bend your back as much as possible.
- Stay on the same posture for a minute with normal breath and come back to normal stage by slowly exhaling the breath.
- In the above asana, if the legs and the hands touch each other it is called as Poorna chakrasanam.
Benefits of Chakrasana:
We can get many benefits of our body parts by doing this asana, especially abdomen areas.
- The chest enhances and the lungs get more oxygen.
- It reduces the stress and tension in the body and the eye sight becomes sharp
- By doing this asana helps strengthens the back and increases the elasticity of the spine.
- It reduces the fat and muscles in abdomen area and tones the digestive and reproductive organs process.
- It strengthens the muscles of hands and the legs.
- It induces the endocrine glands and maintains the metabolism normally.
- It induces the brain cells and refreshes the brain.
- It rectifies the uterine and menstrual problems in women.
- It stimulates the process of the liver, spleen and kidneys.
- It purifies the blood and gives good peace and clarity of thoughts and removes the unwanted tiredness and the afraid.
- It cures the hernia and the kidney become stimulated and refreshed.