Our ancestors thought our body as a temple where god lives in. They have grown the yogasana with simple methods to keep the temple healthy. The body and the mind of the person doing the yoga becomes one together. When this unity becomes possible the health of the body is protected. When the body and the mind are kept healthy the man will not be getting any problem.
Liberalization, privatization and globalization situations affect both our mind and the body. All of are doing various types of foods, exercises and medical methods for the well-being of the physique and our soul. In that space there is a link between the body and the mind. If we want a clear mind we should be better health. Yogasana relaxes the mind and strengthens the nerves and gives the healthy and beautiful body.
The simple method of protecting our mind and body ourselves is yogasana. In that category we are looking for various types of the asanas, their reason for the name, procedure to do it and benefits of it. In this article we are going to look after the Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose).
Reason For The Name:
Adho Mukha means- face that looks down, Svanam means Dog, This asana looks like the dog stretching its body for breaking the laziness. So that it gets the name.
Procedure of Doing Adho Mukha Svanasana:
- We should lie upside down and inhale the breath and exhale it as well.
- Keep both the legs together and stretch it backwardly.
- Keep both the palms below your chest on the floor.
- The fingers should be stretching forward.
- Inhale the breathe deeply and lift your head, back and hip upwardly.
- Next exhale the breath and lit your back even higher and then fold your head downwardly.
- Make sure that your legs do not fold while doing this.
- Hold your body in this position for 30 seconds and inhale your breathe deeply and lift your heels from the floor and lower your back and take your head from the floor.
- Finally exhale the breath and come back to the normal stage.
Benefits of Doing Adho Mukha Svanasana
- It removes sprains and cramps in the dorsal area.
- It helps to strengthen the spinal cord.
- This asana is best asana for to cure shoulder pain caused by working long hours sitting in same place.
- It provides stability for both hands and feet.
- It strengthens the muscles of ankles, knees and back of thigh areas (hamstring muscles).
- It increases the blood circulation of head area and gives freshness of the whole body.
- It helps to reduce the belly due to fat deposition in the stomach.
- It helps in strengthening the neck bones.
- It helps in curing the diseases of genitals.