Yogasana will help us to join all the five elements of the body and concentrate which automatically will help us to mingle with the god. If we want to have a long life we have to protect our body from diseases. Yogasana is the exercise that helps cure the diseases, to protect the organs, and to keep the body young.
Yogasana is stretching of the body, bending it, relaxing the muscles, deep breath, improving blood circulation, and inducing the nerves. Yogasana is a scientific and simple exercise. Every yoga asana has different procedures, timings, and benefits. The people called Siddhas have created this to maintain our body without any cost. This is a part of Siddha medicine.
Setu Bandhasana – Reason For The Name
Setu means bridge; Bandham means building, bind; Asana – pose. Since this asana looks like a bridge this is called Bridge Pose as Setu Bandhasana. This asana is one of the best asanas to reduce the menstrual cramps for women. Let’s know the procedure and benefits of Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose).
The procedure of Setu Bandhasana
- Lie down on the yoga mat and fold your legs and keep it near the buttocks. The knees should look towards the sky.
- Hold your left calf with the left hand and the right calf with the right hand. The distance between the feet should be as like the distance of the shoulders.
- In this stage inhale the breath deeply and lift your hip and the back from the ground. But the feet, neck, head, and the hands should be rested on the ground.
- Keep your thighs parallel to the floor and be in the same position for one minute in the normal breath.
- Exhale the breath and rest your back and the hip on the floor.
- Relax your hands and unfold the legs. Do it for thrice like this.
Benefits of Setu Bandhasana
- Setu Bandhanasana improves the digestion system function and cures constipation.
- It strengthens the nervous system.
- It stretches the spine, chest, and strengthens the neck bones and the neck.
- It helps to improve the blood circulation to the face and thus helps in the glow of the face.
- It prevents the deposition of fat in the abdomen.
- It helps strengthen the hip muscles.
- It helps in the active working of the liver, spleen, kidney, and pancreas.
- It helps to tight, toned and strong muscles of the thighs.
- It maintains the heartbeat and circulation.