Yoga is the best way to protect our body from different diseases and live for long healthy life. Ustrasana (The Camel Pose) is the best asana for protecting our body from stressful and discomfort life. Here are the stepwise procedure and benefits of ustrasana (camel pose).
Table of Contents
Reason For The Name-Ustrasana
In Sanskrit Ustram means camel. This looks like a camel when we do this and since it is called as such.
Place And Time to Do it
It can be done in the time from 4.00 am to 6.00 am and any places to be done on the even floor and it should be with good air circulation. It can be done in the forests, meadows and the banks of the lakes.
The procedure of Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
- Kneel on the floor. Which means the knees and the shins should touch the ground looks like perpendicular.
- Keep the feet together and should look facing the ceiling and placing hands on your hip.
- Inhale the slowly and arch your back and your tailbone in towards your pubis.
- Keep your palm on the feet and straighten your hands.
- Arch your back as much as possible and let your neck be free and keep it neutral. Make sure it is not to be strained.
- The forehead if it looks on the floor then it is the best posture. And keep the thighs and shins look perpendicular.
- Hold for 30 seconds or as much longer as you can in this posture and breathe normally.
- Then slowly come back to the normal position and remove your hands one by one.
Benefits of Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
- While doing ustrasana the camel pose it strengthens the neck muscles and improves the blood circulation to the brain and eyes.
- It is important asana for improving the flexibility of the spinal cord and strengthening the lower back.
- It stimulates the activities of the liver and the spleen and it cures hernia and constipation.
- It helps to improve the digestive system for easy digestion and stimulates the internal organs to function especially helps overcome menstrual discomfort.
- It improves the secretion of the pancreas, thyroid, and parathyroid.
- It opens up the torso and helpful in curing the dysfunctions of the shoulder joints.
- It helps reduces the abdomen fat and gives shape the thighs.
Contraindications of the Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
- Camel pose can be done by men and women, elder and the younger person’s bases on their body shapes.
- It should be done after the excretion.
- It should not be done after having the food.
- We should stop doing it if we get any pain while doing it.
- All the body parts should be in a relaxed state.
- We should not take a breath in the mouth while doing it.
- The body should not be a constraint.
- The clothes should not be tight.
- It should be done slowly and step by step.
Precautions of the Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
- Heart patients and the persons having blood pressure should not do this.
- If you have undergone spinal cord surgery, then you should not do it.
- Pregnant women should not do it.