Influenza commonly known as Flue is a highly contagious viral infections that affects mainly the nose, throat, bronchi and occasionally lungs. Flu is often confused with the common cold, but flu symptoms are usually more severe. Infection usually lasts for about a week and is characterized by sudden onset of high fever (usually 100o F – 103o in adults and often even higher in children), aching muscles, headache and severe malaise, non-productive cough, sore throat, Rhinitis (runny or stuffy nose), watery eyes and general discomfort.
Self Care Tips
- Get plenty of rest, especially at the time of fever. Rest helps the body fight infection.
- Cold sponging helps to lower down the temperature in fever.
- Drink lots of fluid to prevent dehydration.
- Gargle with warm salt water few times a day to relieve sore throat.
- Warm showers and warm compresses can reduce the body aches and nasal congestion when applied especially in the nasal area).
To prevent the influenza affecting one’s life, the following formulation along with self care tips can be used in the beginning of the onset of symptoms. However, if fever goes beyond 102o F, then take medical advice.
Composition: Baptisia 4x, Bryonia alba 4x, Causticum hahnemanni 6x, Eucalyptus globules 3x, Eupatorium perfoliatum 3x, Ferrum phosphoricum 8x, Gelsemium 6x, Sabadilla 6x, Diospensed in globules.
Indications: Helps relieve Flu symptoms like fever, runny nose, sneezing and cough especially in Upper Respiratory Tract Infections.
Adult: 4 pills, 4 time a day
Children: 3 pills 3 times a day. In acute cases 4 pills, every 2 hours, 6-8 time a day, may be taken or as advised by the physician. Revert to normal dose once improvement starts.