Shashankasana also called as hare pose. This asana is performed by lower your body and placing your head with floor. While doing this asana it stretches the spinal cord and help to relief from back pain.
The focus of breath: If crouch exhale the breathing. When the asana of normal breathing and when you come out inhale breathing.
Procedure of Shashankasana
- Sit in the vajrasana with palms on the knees.
- Raise your arms up. Stretch upwards from the trunk.
- Then keeping the arms straight, lower your body towards the floor. Rest your hands on the floor. Then try to touch either the forehead or the crown of the head on the floor. Ensure that your elbows are straight.
- Close your eyes and maintain the pose for three to five breaths.
- To come out of the asana, first lift your head off the floor, then raise the body and hands up. Slowly bring the hands down and rest them on the knees, come out of vajrasana and sit in a relaxed manner.
In case you have forgotten how to sit in vajrasana, here’s a quick recap:
- Sit with your legs straight in front of you, keeping the palms near the buttocks.
- Fold the right leg at the knee and place the foot below the right buttock – the sole should face outwards.
- Similarly fold the left leg and place the foot below the left buttock with the sole facing outwards. The big toes should touch each other.
Do’s and don’ts:
- As you take your head down see that you don’t raise the buttocks off the floor.
- Avoid this asana if you feel dizzy or have a back ache or pain in the legs.
Physical benefits of Shashankasana
- Shashankasana improves concentration as the brain and all the sense organs in the head get a good supply of blood.
- The spine gets a forward stretch and becomes flexible and strong.
- It relaxes the leg muscles of the limb while folding.
- The lower part of the stomach gets more blood flow. So organelles that have been effective in the area.
- It strengthens the kidneys and stimulates its functions.
- It stimulates the functionality of Pituitary, pineal, thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Shashankasana plays an important role in treating disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and reduces the excess fat in the abdominal and waist.
- This asana is best remedy to cure constipation and controlling diabetes.
Mental benefits of Shashankasana.
- It makes you calm and relaxed.
- Increasing the memory power if done this asana regularly.